FIRESTONE SOLVENT SPLICE WASH
Clear Splice Wash Membrane Cleaner
Firestone Solvent Splice Wash SW-100 is designed to clean and prepare Firestone single-ply membranes to receive adhesives. It is available in 5L and 19L tins
Method of Application:
1. Apply Splice Wash to the splicing area using a clean, white, natural fibre rag. Use a scrubbing motion until the
splicing surface is clean of dirt and debris. Additional attention must be given to factory seams and where other
excess accumulations of dusting agent occur.
2. Allow the washed surfaces to dry until the solvent’s sheen is gone. This is usually between 10-30 minutes and may
vary with ambient weather conditions. Membrane is clean when it is uniform in color without streaks, and any
contaminate is gone.
• Store in original unopened pails indoors at temperatures between 60 °F – 80 °F (16 °C – 27 °C) away from all sources
of direct heat and ignition – this is a flammable liquid.
• When exposed to lower temperatures, restore to room temperature prior to use.
• Keep the material out of direct sunlight until ready for immediate use.
Although there is no shelf life for Splice Wash, it’s best to use within one year.
200-250 ft²/gallon (4.9 – 6.1 m²/L) on one side